i finally decided to post this recipe because it is one of my favourite things to eat.this donut is so delicious that they vanish when i make them at home. this is one of the first things i learned to make when i first started to dabble in baking. and since it is a favourite in my home i have had some time to work on the recipe, to perfect it. so people, l present the recipe for donuts to die for.
5 cups all purpose flour
5 tsp instant yeast
1/3 cup sugar plus extra for coating
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter or margerine
1 and 3/4 cup warm water or milk
- in a large bowl add flour , sugar and yeast. mix together with a wooden spoon until combined.
- add salt, eggs, butter and water. mix until a soft and sticky dough forms.turn out unto a lightly floured surface and knead until a smooth ball of dough forms. put in an oiled bowl and cover with a kitchen towel and allow to rise for 45 minutes.
- punch the dough down and turn out unto a floured surface. roll out into 1/2 an inch thickness. cut out round circles of desired size.cut out smaller circles in the center to make donut holes. cover with a kitchen towel for 30 minutes.
- fill a large saucepan half full with vegetable oil and put on medium heat for 10 minutes. gently lower donuts into oil one at a time. do not overfill saucepan. cook for 30 seconds on both sides until golden brown.
- place on paper towel to drain excess oil and put in a bowl of sugar. turn around to coat. do same for remaining donuts.
let me know if you tried it.